SYSTEMS DEVELOPER - ANTICIPATED FALL 2017 HIRE
This position now filled.
Mohawk Valley GIS, a growing technology and GIS services business, has a planned opening for a full time Systems Developer. The preferred candidate will have some intern or job experience developing any of native iOS and/or Android apps, websites, and relational database applications.
If you answer Yes to these questions, then we would like to hear from you.
- Are you interested in a technical leadership position?
- Do you thrive on providing innovative technology solutions across a variety of projects?
- Would you like to directly impact the technology culture in an emerging business?
- Are you seeking a revitalized urban work environment in the foothills of the Adirondack Park?
- Relational database experience
- Experience with version control systems (git preferred)
- Server Side web development with Ruby/PHP
- Android and/or iOS development experience - both a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
Additional desired experience:
- Graphic design and/or art course work or experience
- Familiarity with Open Source environment
- Familiarity with GIS mapping or Google API mapping
- Familiarity with Linux system administration
- Help desk experience
- Google Analytics experience
- A strong willingness to keep learning and significantly contribute to the growth of an entrepreneurial business
- Develop new location-based applications, including websites, interactive maps, and Android and/or iOS apps
- Maintain existing e-commerce projects
- Database back end work
- Develop client dashboards
- Contribute ideas and help bring in more clients/work
- Work with interns and junior staff developers
- Occasional help at trade shows
- Provide customer service and administrative assistance as needed
SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION TO US
Benefits package. Flexible hours as needed. Please review our three websites: mohawkvalleygis.com, nysnowmobilewebmap.com and adktrailmap.com and our business partner website: AtlasTrax.com and submit resume and cover letter stating why you would be a good match for our growing team to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Periodically we do have need of internship level assistance for GIS projects and for programming.
We have filled all our Summer 2017 intern positions.
If you would like to email your resume and areas of interest (after reviewing our website), please feel free to do so. We will keep your information on file.
No phone inquiries please.